In Dealicato Flagranto Morto:
5 People Who Died During Sex
1) Felix Faure (1841-99) 6th President of the French third Republic. On Feburuary 16, 1899 in the middle of the infamous Dreyfus crisis, Faure slipped away for a rendezvous with his mistress, Madame Steinhal, wife of the artist Adolphe Steinhal. Legend has it that Faure’s bodyguards heard a scream and broke down the door to find him seated dead on the sofa with his beautiful mistress kneeling in front of him a la Lewinsky. According to some reports, she was in a state of trauma-induced lockjaw and his member had to be removed surgically. Madame Steinhal was thereafter known as 'the kiss of death.'
2) Lord Palmerston, British Prime Minister (1855-58/1859-65) ‘Old Pam,’ Britain’s horniest prime minister, died in his eighty-second year, official from pneumonia after catching a chill while riding in his carriages; it was rumored, however, that he has in fact died of a heart attack while engaged in a sex act with a young parlor mail on his billiard table.
3) Cardinal Jean Danielou (1915-74) The French have a phrase for orgasm —-le petite mort (the little death); in 1974, France woke to the news that one of thier most respected senior churchmen, a world leading catholic theologiam, the head of the theological faculty at Paris University and the author of 14 books on sexual morality and church discipline had experienced le grand mort when he dropped dead on the stairs of a brothel in Clincy, the red-light district of Paris. The French police explained that the 70 year old Cardinal was on his way to ‘comfort’ a 24 year old blond prostitue in an official capacity only.
4) Nelson Aldrick Rockefeller (1908-79) A multimillionaire grandson of the oil magnate John D. Rockefeller, the 40 year old vice president (to Gerald Ford) and the governor of New York, Rockefeller died in the saddle at the age of 71 while working on a late Saturday-night ‘project’ with his 27 year old female research assistant. The unlucky researcher was pinned under her hefty boss’s naked body for several minutes until she eventually phoned the paramedics. The New york Times noted that the larger-than-life septuagenarian Rockefeller ‘died the way he’d lived, with an enthusiasm for life in all its pblic and private passions.’
5) Pope John XII (C. 955-64) Known as John ‘the Bad,’ the pope was bludgeoned to death with a hammer by an irate husband who caught His Holiness in bed with his wife. When news of the death reached Rome, it was noted that Pope John was lucky to have died in bed, even if it wasn’t his own.